+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Westbound

Post Westbound

So, I've been playing Westbound (ok, I have some stuff I have been avoiding, so clearly what I needed was Another Time Suck. So not. However, Discipline Only Occasionally R Us.) Anyway, it seems that a lot of the things that we had suggested for Shipwrecked have been implemented in Westbound, and some things that we complained about!

1. You can ask your neighbours for help. You need a resource? You can send out a request.
    2. Foreshadowing. There are a bunch of things that you can see, but you can't get yet.
    3. A LOT of things require gold. LOTS.
    4. Ghosting does not appear to work. Sadness.

Special Announcement: If you are looking for walkthroughs and stats for Kiwi's Westbound, there is a Westbound Wiki available on a different website:

http://westbound.wikia.com/wiki/Westbound_Wiki

I will only offer discussion about Westbound here at Shipwrecked Wiki

I've been playing a bit of it (haven't gotten past Level 4 yet) but still interested in it.

I'm interested in the Wagon with the spinning wheel for awards. Don't they have this in BA? I've heard the BA players begging for something like this in SW but I never understood what they meant (I never got into BA).

I also LOVE how their Decor is broken down into categories... whoo hooo!!! Now for them to bring this over to SW! I'll just sit here and hold my breath for that one...

I think the moving clouds are cool but might be a lag problem later. I didn't see a setting to turn off animations.

Found some nests of snakes while clearing Debris... nice extra opportunity to earn Xp and Silver.

The color palette in Westbound isn't as pleasing to me as SW, but less garish than BA or MP.

I haven't looked into the neighbor system yet, sounds good.

I agree on the Foreshadowing. And not just visually as there is guidance in the quests such as finding the daughter, Norma Jean. The equivalent character in SW, Tad, was a complete surprise.

I can't get Ghosting to work either. But lately I can't get it to work in SW. Very depressing

Using the same techniques I use in SW, I may be able to get some walkthroughs put together. I can't promise I'd maintain them, but I can post them here to the forum in the meantime.
    Last edited by Curious; 12-November-13 at 11:43 PM.
    Level 186 Shipwrecked - Curious

I also noticed the similarity between the way Westbound works avoiding the things we have been complaining about in SW. Was wondering if they decided to incorporate them into a new game rather than refitting/reprograming SW. Also was wondering if that is why frequency of quest have been slowing down, too busy working on new game.
    Last edited by Kit; 27-October-13 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Curious, what are you doing with the snakes to earn extra xp and silver? They just kind of run around in my game. Should I be trying to tap them on them? I tried at first, and nothing seemed to happen, but maybe I just didn't do it fast enough?

My ghosting is working well in SW, though. It's not my magic wardrobe, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Kit, I'm thinking the same thing.

OldLady, I tap on the snakes and if I hit one, I get a bit of Silver and Xp.

I'll have to try my SW again and see if it 'fixed' itself.

Oh, another difference... Debris in WB generates every 5 minutes whereas in SW it's every 10 minutes. Probably Kiwi's way of trying to minimize the Clearing Data we have to do in SW on Android to get a decent amount of Debris.

How are you doing ghosting on demand? It seems to be a random thing for me.

I think it look just like jungel town adventures. I will play it like I do with JTA, not spending a daim lol.

So far, of all those games in this category, I find The tribez best.

Eh, I tried the Tribez and I couldn't get past the "ooh, look, here you are come to rule the primitive people" thing.

I'll stick with the SW and the occasional WB.

Kit, I could never do it on demand or as well as other players have reported. But generally if I planted a bunch of crops all bunched together, I could usually expect to get an extra 1-2 crops from it after I exited and returned to the game. And, I could never get any ghosts from the remaining crops.

Overall, I'm enjoying playing it. I like how the Apple Trees regenerate faster than the Banana Trees on SW. I'm starting to get annoyed with the snakes and will probably start ignoring them.

Looks like there are about 20-something quests with no LEs for now.

Do any of you need a neighbor in Westbound? I don't know if I'll play every day or how long I'll continue, but the flashing arrow is really getting to me. Want whoever becomes my neighbor to know up front, before I send or accept an invite.

I'd love a neighbor but I haven't gotten to the Social quest yet. I'll look you up once I get there. What's your WB username?

I think it's the same if you got there from SW. Mine is VeryOldLady. Note: in the beginning, there are quite a few things you can only collect from neighbours, and I can really use the silver etc.

Oldlady am sending a friend request. Be on the lookout for one from noneighbors.

Thank you OldLady let me know wht you need and will send till then will send coins. I could use the same.

Kit & OldLady,
    I just sent you invitations. My id is moreau.

Had to kick out a few to make space. Any other mateys should feel free to invite me... though I probably won't know you're from this here island.

Is there a Westbound wiki somewhere? Anyway, has anybody else found that they are running out of space? Almost every quest tells me to "check the mine". It's like going to Atlantis....you don't clear any useful space. I can't do any of my other quests because they all want me to build structures, and there's nowhere to put anything without randomly spending a pile of pickaxes to open up the canyon. Grrrrr.

A wiki or walkthrough would be nice. We're probably following all kinds of pointless quests. I can hardly walk around. It does make it easier to kill the snakes. I was *****ing about the mine / space issue in the main forum in the Wheel of Fortune thread.

At least the wheel of fortune is free in Westworld. Err... I mean Westbound. Today, I won 3 wood, 100 silver, and 25 tonic. <>

I've made up walkthroughs of all the quests and put together a bit of a quest tree. Someone else already reserved a "Westbound" for the game on Wikia, so I posted a message there asking if they want any contributions like what is available on the Shipwrecked Wiki, but I haven't heard back.

Probably a good thing, actually. I might be going back to work sometime soon and not a good idea for me to take anything on right now. But what I can do is create a separate section in the forum for Westbound and create threads for each quest with a walkthrough in each one. I can keep that going until someone can create a proper wiki for the game.

You rock like a big rocking thing, Curious! That's awesome. Don't know what you do, but your employer or clients or patients or customers are lucky to have you.

Thanks, OldLady! It definitely wouldn't be anything glamous, unless you think mechanical engineering is fun and exciting.

I've set up the new Wesbound forum, as well as a place for other Kiwi games. But it may be hours from now before I can get the walkthroughs in the forum. We are leaving for Singapore tomorrow for a short trip and I've got a lot of packing and shopping to do beforehand. I swear, adulthood and responsibility definitely get in the way sometimes

Hi Moreau, got your invite let me kmow what you need and I'll send , untill I hear different will be sending coin. I'm on level 11.

Btw just noticed gold statue out in the snow to the left of the town, I think it has something to do with extra XP points, but not sure. Maybe we should clear land in that direction.
    Last edited by Kit; 31-October-13 at 11:45 PM. Reason: additional comment

Curious and OldLady I thought I saw on the regular kiwi forum that Michelle or Gordan (not real sure) was thinking of doing a wiki for WB. And I also am running out of room for building, wanted to know if you think the area doesn't enlarge very far everything seems to be tiny compared to SW and BA, or is it my old eyes. lol

Found a trick to catch snakes. If you get tumbleweed in a square that's completely surrounded, the snakes can't get out. You can just keep clicking the tumbleweed and collect unti you catch all the snakes. Easy enough to do--just fill up the little space we have leaving only single squares open.

Good suggestion, moreau. I've found that if I can use a stylus, I get better luck usually with the snakes.

Oops, forgot to say:

Kit, thanks for that suggestion, I'll look into it.

I also noticed an in-game offer for Axes... Polara. I guess if we download it for WB we won't get the offer for SW?

Thanks! The place is a terrible mess, argh. I was so inspired by some of your beautiful designs in SW that I was determined to start WB in a much more organized way than I had with SW, but alas. There's no space.
    I think mech eng is indeed interesting. There was a time, before calculus became my insurmountable wall, when I was thinking about engineering myself.

Heads up will need to plant a tomato 8 hrs ,cabbage 6 hr, and squash 10 hrs. If you plant early do not harvest, seems that ones in inventory don't count. This is second time I've had to do cabbage can't remember what the other 2 veggies were then.

Eek! Sorry I didn't get the walkthroughs posted. Friday ended up being crazy and when I could sit down to look at them, I realized I wasn't getting the pickaxe counts correct (these are based on the same way I automatically build the SW walkthroughs). I'm reluctant to post things that may be full of mistakes so I feel better about waiting when I can give it some time. Or I can post what I have and y'all can tell me what is wrong. At the very least I can work on the quest tree.

I also heard back from the admin of the Westbound Wikia and I'll dive into that when I get back home. I really really want to learn Wikia because I it looks very user-friendly and easy for other folks to contribute. How much I get into it depends on if I go back to work but fingers crossed nothing will happen until after the New Year.

Not a problem Curious you have a life outside of SW & WB. I just wanted to give the heads up on those. But forgot about telling that you need 4 carrots to upgrade the kitchen to level 3, I think they take 12 hrs. I'm at level 14 and it isn't needed yet but with such a long time needed may want to get a head start. I don't understand not being able to use inventory for the veggies.

Post what you have in a thread here. This way we can all benefit now, even knowing it's preliminary. Plus, we can all contribute. I've learned from work that the best way to get cooperation on projects is to put something out there that's half-baked to lower the entry barrier for people to contribute. I even like to sneak in a few easy to spot mistakes so people have something to fix. That's a kind of troll to help get them hooked. Much as I hate to do that, it works. OTOH, I can't bring myself to do that with projects that I "own" as they say.

I like those long harvesting plants. Gives me something to do on the overnight. Besides, with so few axes and no acai trees for coin, it helps slow down the game.

LOL I was building up my coin by harvesting the apple trees every 30 sec. Then went and filled half my quota for maize and wheat. Have updated all of the generators I could and am now waiting for the
    veggies that take forever.

Very wise suggestions, moreau. I am *such* a perfectionist, I get sick to the stomach imagining posting something that is likely flawed.

I'm getting on board with doing Westbound on Wikia so that is my goal with these walkthroughs. But considering moreau's advice, and the fact that I can't dig into Wikia until I get home on Thursday, I'll post the quests here, and y'all let me know what needs to be changed.

Kit, I LOVE the Apple Trees in this game. In SW, I would rock the Banana Trees until I could get Acai Trees because they were so good with Silver and XP but the problem with them is I would need lots of them to keep 1 helper busy. The Apple Trees in WB regenerate so much faster that you only need 2 to keep one helper busy.

Arrgghhh!!!

Mateys, I inadvertently cleared my device this morning and lost all my kiwi games. (Something's wrong where I have to clear the cache daily, and I must've hit the wrong button... Should stay away until after morning coffee.) Don't mind so much losing Westbound, and might continue playing it on my PC instead, but I also lost Shipwrecked and my 90 swords... Sent off an email to kiwi support. Might not get it back given the device id thing.

Oh no! So it changed the unique ID number on your device? Gah, that's a doozy. Hope you get it all worked out and you don't lose all those resources. Hurts my head to think about it.

Please remove moreau as a friend. That game's gone. If you want, I'll be playing as moreaujr. Invites sent or will be sent tomorrow.

The good news is they restored my Shipwrecked game. I didn't bother restoring Westbound and wil be playing a new game on the PC. I can barely stand playing shipwrecked on my tablet anymore--it's so small and doesn't zoom in enough. I can't imagine anyone playing on a phone without a magnifying lens.
    Last edited by moreau; 07-November-13 at 06:43 PM.

That is a bummer about your Westbound game, Moreau Looking forward to having you as a neighbor in my other games.

And glad to hear about your SW game, that had to be a relief! Do you think they will be able to transfer it to your PC?

hi,
    great game, i really enjoy it (now i am lvl 13) but that pickaxe prices are strange - i am used to pay max. 5 dollars for mobile games, i like to play, to support people working on it - but 28 pickaxe for 5 dollars - i think 50-100 pickaxes will be much more better and more people will buy it. and +1/2 pickaxes per level is so few.

ok not problem only of this game.

btw. at shop - action prices are above old price - and I do not see for example earn rate of trees.
    now i have some loot at river - every chest cost 3 pickaxes to open and I "may even recover 200 pickaxes" - how many pickaxes it will cost me, do you think - 100,150 or 250?
    Petr, europe

Quote Originally Posted by Curious View Post
    That is a bummer about your Westbound game, Moreau Looking forward to having you as a neighbor in my other games.

And glad to hear about your SW game, that had to be a relief! Do you think they will be able to transfer it to your PC?
    It's your fault!

You mentioned something about using different devices for those offers to "download and get axes". So I decided to keep one on the tablet and one on the PC. No big loss with westbound--only a few days difference. It's confusing having the same games on two devices--wasn't I building the bank? and where's the sugar mill?. Will keep them around for any further testing, but won't play them. Still moreau in Shipwrecked, moreaujr in Westbound.

Hi nemej, welcome to the forum I agree the pickaxe prices are strange. I truly believe the game developers are trying to gauge just how much we will spend for the game by starting high. Resources for Shipwrecked were always higher than Brightwood Adventures. That may change if they stop developing SW and put their attention on Westbound. Or, if the interest just isn't there for WB like they hope, the prices will probably drop pretty quickly.

And if you are looking for neighbors, let us know. I'm on Westbound as Curious and also VeryCurious.

Moreau, don't blame me And you get used to it on different devices, but I'd much rather be playing on the PC... I need to put more effort into it.

hi curious - i add both of you, i am Nemej79 - so at future, if you will have free slots, you can add me. is there any reason to have friends? - now i can only send 100 silver or 20 tonic. better would be one pickaxe once a week
    i earn free pickaxe - easy and pretty fast to get them.
    i also interested in about godaddy offer - it seems like 95 pickaxes for about 7 dollars - fair price for me. ingame there is 60 pickaxes for 10 dollars. but i was googling and godaddy has strange reputation and not sure, if domain offer for 6,99 will 100% lead to 95 pickaxes. and finally - i want to send my dollars to game developers, not another company
    that loot in river stolen me 15 pickaxes and new and new chests arriving - no pickaxes found for the present

I have a bunch of domains with GoDaddy, for what it's worth - I have always found them perfectly ok to work with. I don't know what you found through Googling, but I wouldn't have a problem with it.

mabye bad results for godaddy with google for me i donīt need any domain - there is only best value price/pickaxes - 95 pickaxes for 6,99
    "purchasing a 6,99 domain will atomatically include an 0,18 ICANN fee, for a total of 7,17"
    "in order to receive you reward, you must complete any purchase at godaddy.com for a minimum total of 7 USD"
    "must be a new godaddy customer to qualify"

but i am not sure if minimum 7 usd is fee included or not - if not, 6,99 is not 7 dollars to receive reward.

sometimes in game i receive 5pickaxe offer to reach for example 3 levels at any game - not bad

and please - where can i find daily spin? it was near wagon - or right on the screen after up scroll that one arrow - now there I have not that wheel, but double arrows "Game stats boosts"

btw i hate that 12hours carrot

Quote Originally Posted by nemej View Post
    but i am not sure if minimum 7 usd is fee included or not - if not, 6,99 is not 7 dollars to receive reward.
    If I knew, I'd tell ya You might have some luck asking the other readers at the Kiwi Support forum: http://support.kiwiup.com/kiwiup/topics

But you are right, the in-game promos that Kiwi is offering have been very helpful in getting extra pickaxes

I'm not sure of the pattern of the Wagon with the daily spin, but I assumed it disappeared if I missed a day of play. Then when I would return to the game later it would be there.

I'm also not sure what you mean about the Game stat boosts.

if i good remember, there was something like login tommorow and you will receive more spins - 1. time 1 spin, then 2, then i got 3 spins and now no wheel

about Game stats boosts - two gold arrows right up

the last image - i saw some statue in fog so i cleared that area - it is Temple of xp - now it provide 2% xp bonus boost - if I want to upgrade and get 3% bonus xp boost, i need 20 adobe, 10 hammers and 20 nails.

i must say - with enough pickaxes really good game.
    Attached Images

Aaah, I haven't gotten to the part in the game with the Stats Boost. Well, it shows me the two golden arrows now, but I can't take advantage of it yet.

I am definitely running out of room I'll have to use extra pickaxes just to have room for the stuff I need to buy.

i play 5pickaxes games offered me after game starts. fast way to get them. i also have ten dollars yet, i want to pay for this game. hope at xmas time there will be better offer in shop. btw it is possible to roll mine - i roll until there is situation with three "hills" mined out.

Ghost

I went to the snowy mountain to collect snowballs, and when I came back I had a ghostworker
    Attached Images

Well done! Glad to know we have a chance

And look at all that open space you have! I have a test game running and I've done nearly all the quests but I'm stuck because I've run out of space to build stuff. Did you end up treating yourself to some extra Pickaxes? I might have to use some just to finish these quests :/

I do not do those quest that you have to buy picnicktabel and other stuff that I do not want just pay those two gold, thats why I have all that space I think.
    In the beginning of the game I got a lot of picaxes, so because I did not think I would play it so often, I used them, but I kind of like it now, and I may buy some axes

you spend gold for quests - do you think no chance to collect 200 gold for fifth helper? i still collecting i won also about 30 axes at the begining of game. but later only gold or tonics.
    that giant sequoia is great - 640 xp points every 6 hours.

edit - ok i bought domain and got 95 axes for seven dollars. good deal
    Last edited by nemej; 14-November-13 at 04:19 PM.

You get the fifth helper, he is the towns sheriff. One tip on that....start to save money, a lot

+ Reply to Thread